OR PHONE (866) 635-1838 for Bankruptcy Help, (866) 635-6190 for Divorce,
(866) 635-2689 for Personal Injury or (866) 635-9402 for Criminal Defense

Find a Local Lawyer

Bankruptcy (866) 635-1838
Divorce (866) 635-6190
Personal Injury (866) 635-2689
Criminal Defense (866) 635-9402

[Get an immediate answer to your personal legal question for thirty dollars.]


Pennsylvania Insists On Licenses for Tranist Vehicles Serving Amish

Last Sunday's Pittsburg Post Gazette carried a story about a crack down by Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission enforcement officers against drivers who provide rides for Amish residents in exchange for compensation, but who have not obtained a $350 PUC paratransit certificate. Amish prohibitions on owning or operating motor vehicles mean they need to hire non-Amish to transport them when they need to travel a significant distance. The PUC regulations require adherence to safety standards and obtaining of commercial insurance in order to qualify for the certificate. In case of an accident, paying passengers would not be covered by non-commercial insurance.

From Religion Clause posted 2008-01-05.

Bloggers, promote your law blog by nominating your blog for inclusion in USLaw.com's Law Blog Directory and RSS Reader. Benefits described.
Related Law Bulletins

Related Law Articles

Related Law Questions
Related Searches

US Law
#1 Online Legal Resource

Your Blog Subscriptions
Subscribe to blogs

10,000+ Law Job Listings
Lawyer . Police . Paralegal . Etc
Earn a law-related degree

Practice Area
Zip Code:

Contact a Lawyer Now!


0.6751 secs