The rule is that in the Spring you spring forward. In the Fall you fall back. So, tonight we lose an hour of our precious time. It does not make a whole lot of sense to me, but then, like Jeff Foxworthy, I do not understand how Jello works.
But, beneath all of the hype, here is the down and dirty truth about this crazy system:
1. Forget what you have heard, the system was not invented by Benjamin Franklin, although he did satirically and anonymously suggest the idea to Parisians 1784. (What a kidder ol' Ben was). It was originally proposed by Englishman William Wilmett in 1905, the the Germans and
their WWI allies where the first to use it, and The United States was the last to adopt it.
2. Almost everybody mispronounces the term. It is "Daylight Saving Time", not Daylight Savings Time. Get with it people. My 6th grade English teacher would not be proud!
3. Hawaii, Arizona, Puerto Rico simply refuse to follow the system because they do not need any more sun.
4. It reduces fatal crashes with pedestrians by 5%. Every life counts my friends.
5. And no, the purpose of Daylight Saving Time is so you can make happy hour while it is still light out. Oh, I am sorry, I was the only one that thought that was true.
Daylight Saving Time Begins Earlier in 2007 Beginning this year, Daylight Saving Time will commence three weeks earlier and end one week later than in previous years. This comes about as a result of Congress' enactment of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, which will take effect on March 1, 2007...
Vista and XP Users May Need Daylight Savings Time Patch Source InformationWeek Daily Newsletter, March 10, 2008
Vista And XP Users May Need Daylight-Saving Time Patch"To ensure Windows users aren't hit with a daylight time bug, Microsoft has launched an automated diagnostic and update service that installs patches on systems that need them...
Paychecks & Daylight Saving Time Daylight Saving Time begins this weekend at 2:00 am Sunday, March 9. Please don't forget to turn your clocks forward (especially if you are working on Sunday!)Also, please fill in your time sheet via Patriot Web before you leave for spring break...
CA LEGISLATURE: TIME CHANGE HAS NO IMPACT ON CLOSING TIME, MAYBE!! Many of us are still trying to adapt to the new dates for changing our clocks from Pacific Standard Time to Pacific Daylight Time and back, and figuring out how to get the time on our VCRs and cellular telephones to change consistent with the new rules established by the federal Energy Policy Act of 2005 ? the federal legislation that changed the dates when we change our clocks...
Monday Daylight-Saving-Time-blogging I was really excited at how bright out it was as I made my way to campus for a meeting last night. “It’s 5:30 in the evening and I could wear my sunglasses!” I thought...
Search Blog Directory:
Lawsuits and Settlements
Chevy Chase Bank lawsuit claims the bank is in violation of the Truth in Lending Act