Home -> Law Blog Directory -> Kentucky Blogs -> Kentucky Cases
(866) 635-2689 for Personal Injury or (866) 635-9402 for Criminal Defense
Find a Local Lawyer
Divorce (866) 635-6190
Personal Injury (866) 635-2689
Criminal Defense (866) 635-9402
Kentucky: Kentucky Cases
2009 Changes in Kentucky Court Report Format
By Michael Stevens
The following changes will become effective with decisions announced in 2009 from the Kentucky Supreme Court and the Court of Appeals:
- The monthly summaries of published decisions from the SC and the COA will now be posted.
- The published decisions of the COA will not be published/posted separately as before.
- The published decisions of the SCOKY will continue to be posted separately as before but will be the digested summaries from the AOC and what are contained in the monthly digests/summaries.
- The minutes will be posted as before, but simply with a link to the AOC minutes by date and organized by COA Minutes and SCOKY Minutes under the categories.
- The COA argument calendars will be posted in the form of a link to the minutes filed at the AOC web site. Cutting and pasting these minutes into these posts will end.
- The SCOKY argument calendars will be posted as before with dates, times, cases, issues, counsel, AND links to the briefs at Chase School of Law AND links to the underlying COA decision if one exists.
- If we receive any videos of arguments from SC or COA, then we will either post the entire "streaming video" of the argument if it is one we have converted or any links to the argument posted elsewhere. Presumably, these will be SCOKY arguments, and we will post with the link the date, time, case name, case number, date of discretionary review, trial judge name, and the issue before the court.
These changes will not detract from the information you have been receiving before.
Probably the most significant change is using the monthly summaries in lieu of the individual COA posts. I may try cutting and pasting them as separate posts early on to see if it is that much of a time problem.
Some of the categories on the side column will be:
- COA Argument Calendars - 2009
- COA Decisions - 2008 and older
- COA Monthly Case Summary Reports
- SCOKY Argument Calendars - 2009
- SCOKY Decisions - 2008 and older
- SCOKY Monthly Case Summary Reports
Search Blog Directory: