Home -> Law Blog Directory -> Indiana Blogs -> Sam Hasler's Indiana Divorce & Family Law Blog

OR PHONE (866) 635-1838 for Bankruptcy Help, (866) 635-6190 for Divorce,
(866) 635-2689 for Personal Injury or (866) 635-9402 for Criminal Defense

Find a Local Lawyer

Bankruptcy (866) 635-1838
Divorce (866) 635-6190
Personal Injury (866) 635-2689
Criminal Defense (866) 635-9402



: Sam Hasler's Indiana Divorce & Family Law Blog

Unpaid Marital Debts - After the Divorce

What to do when you are getting calls from a collection agency demanding payment of a debt the divorce court ordered your former spouse to pay?

By now the only solution is citing the former spouse for contempt. Hopefully, you know the former spouse's location and that they are employed.

Always consider the other spouse's ability to pay the debts that you want them to pay. Just because the divorce decree says the other spouse is to pay the debt does not mean that they will or that the creditor will leave you alone.

Full post as published by Sam Hasler's Indiana Divorce & Family Law Blog on May 05, 2008 (boomark / email).

Bloggers, promote your law blog by nominating your blog for inclusion in's Law Blog Directory and RSS Reader. Benefits described.
Related Law Blog Posts
Search Blog Directory:

Search Blog Directory:

Related Law Articles

Lawsuits and Settlements

Related Searches

US Law
#1 Online Legal Resource

Your Blog Subscriptions
Subscribe to blogs

10,000+ Law Job Listings
Lawyer . Police . Paralegal . Etc
Earn a law-related degree
Are you the author of this blog? Adding to your Blogroll increases relevance. You qualify to display a USLaw Network badge.
Suggest changes to this blog's description or nominate another for inclusion. Register for updates.

Practice Area
Zip Code:

Contact a Lawyer Now!

0.7664 secs (new cache)