Home -> Law Blog Directory -> Public Defense Blogs -> A Public Defender
(866) 635-2689 for Personal Injury or (866) 635-9402 for Criminal Defense
Find a Local Lawyer
Divorce (866) 635-6190
Personal Injury (866) 635-2689
Criminal Defense (866) 635-9402
Public Defense: A Public Defender
Monday Evening Margarita
Happy Cinco de Mayo folks! Hope you all treated yourself to a cerveza today. If not, just ogle the picture in this post.
Here’s what you missed while boozin’ it up in honor of the 5th of May:
- Norm takes umbrage at defendant’s tactics of throwing his client - New Haven detective Clarence Willoughby - under the bus.
- Scott once again lambasts former Judge Cassell for his approval of a curious article that concludes blacks receive longer sentences because they are, well, more prone to committing crimes. Be warned, some seemingly racist commenters have crawled out of the woodwork.
- What’s the best defense for the guy that tried to cash a check for $360 billion.
- A survival guide to legal blogs and blogging, from Bag and Baggage. She’s right - that cover is fantastic.
- Crime and Consequences is miffed by “us” when we “blur the line between an inability to reprosecute and actual proof of innocence”. Uh, okay.
- Carolyn Elefant reminds us to stop naysaying.
- An explosion rattled the San Diego Federal Courthouse early yesterday morning.
- From LBW, man asks court to change his name to “In God We Trust”.
- SL & P brings us the story of how fiscal pressures are leading states to release inmates early.
- Volokh tries to make sense of this L.A. Times article about twisting DNA statistics.
- An update on Tim Masters.
- The WSJ Law Blog asks if lawyers blogging about cases is a good thing or a bad thing.
- CDW’s weekly roundup is here.
- The Top 11 Jesus sightings.
- The Windypundit has yet another idea to reform the criminal justice system: make juries rule on Motions.
- Mark Bennett hands out the first Asshat of the Day Award (ADA).
- Alltop.com launched its Law section, compiling posts from the top blawgs.
Don’t overdo it! It’s only Monday, after all.
Search Blog Directory: