How can I get a past landlord to attest to an arrangement to pay an over due balnce?

I am trying to move into a new apartment in SC. An apartment that I lived in a year and a half ago is still reporting that I owed them a few hundred dollars. I thought that this was already taken of and then I found out that it wasn't. I tried to set up a payment arrangement with them so that I can still maintain a current place to stay and pay off the balance that I owe them. However the credit agency (for the past apartment) doesn't seem to be interested in helping me to pay them and keep a place to stay. I really want to pay them and keep a place to stay but they will not provide with a payment arrangement letter to present to the current apartment that shows them that I am trying to pay the balance. What are my rights as a consumer?

Have a question? Ask your legal question now and get answer in a few minutes. Know the answer? Lawyers or knowledgeable lay persons may provide informative responses to this and other questions by contacing us for instructions. Receive linkbacks to your website for helping.
Related Law Articles

Related Law Questions

Search for other answers or ask a legal expert for as little as $15.

Related Law Bulletins

Lawyers! Become an Approved Expert to Answer Questions.
US Law
#1 Online Legal Resource

Your Blog Subscriptions
Subscribe to blogs

10,000+ Law Job Listings
Lawyer . Police . Paralegal . Etc
Earn a law-related degree

Practice Area
Zip Code:

Contact a Lawyer Now!


0.701 secs