We have an e-2 visa that expires in August 2007. Can we just extend our I-94 for two years instead of the visa?

We are a married couple from Norway with two children age 11 and 16. We have been in USA for four years running diffrent businesses. Our E-2 visa will expire in August 2007 and we therefore asked anattorney for advise what to do. He told us we can extend our 1-94 and stay here as long as we do not leave the USA. Is the ifnormation we got correct?We were also informed that there is a new legislation permitting all illigal immigrants green cards. What about people like us who are here legally on an E-2 visa? Will there be any change of law allowing us to get permanent residence in USA?

Have a question? Ask your legal question now and get answer in a few minutes. Know the answer? Lawyers or knowledgeable lay persons may provide informative responses to this and other questions by contacing us for instructions. Receive linkbacks to your website for helping.
Related Law Articles

Related Law Questions

Search for other answers or ask a legal expert for as little as $15.

Related Law Bulletins

Lawyers! Become an Approved Expert to Answer Questions.
US Law
#1 Online Legal Resource

Your Blog Subscriptions
Subscribe to blogs

10,000+ Law Job Listings
Lawyer . Police . Paralegal . Etc
Earn a law-related degree

Practice Area
Zip Code:

Contact a Lawyer Now!


0.7072 secs