Free US Law DictionaryBETA
Yield may mean:
- Crop yield, a measure of the output per unit area of land under cultivation
- Maximum sustainable yield, the largest long-term fishery catch that can be safely taken
- Rolled throughput yield, a statistical tool in Six Sigma
- Yield (finance), a rate of return based on what the holder earns with direct incomes on a financial instrument or security
- Dividend yield, the current or yield to maturity of common or preferred share dividends
- Yield (aviation), the revenue an airline makes on each passenger for every kilometer/mile travelled
- Yield (chemistry), the amount of product obtained in a chemical reaction
- Yield (engineering), the permanent plastic deformation of a structure
- Yield strength, an engineering term for the strain that a material can undergo before plastic deformation
- in computer science, a point of return (and re-entry) of a coroutine
- Yield (education), the percentage of prospective students offered admission to an educational institution that actually enroll at that school
- Semiconductor fabrication yield, the proportion of devices produced which function correctly
- Nuclear weapon yield, the amount of energy discharged when the weapon explodes
- Specific yield, a ratio used to evaluate the groundwater production from an aquifer
- Terminal yield, in formal language theory is the sequence of leaves encountered in an ordered walk of a tree structure
- Wool Yield, refers to the amount of clean wool present in a greasy lot and is objectively measured.
- Yield sign, a traffic sign controlling the give-way rules at an intersection (also called a give way sign)
- an element in The Amazing Race, a U.S. reality game, where one team forces another to stop racing for a pre-determined amount of time.
- Yield (album), the fifth album from the band Pearl Jam
- Yield Class, an expression of the productivity of a stand of timber.
- Fission product yield
Related Law Questions