Free US Law DictionaryBETA
Associate may refer to:
- A business valuation concept.
- A term used by some companies instead of employee.
- A term used to signify an independent (often self employed) person working as if directly employed by the company of which they are an associate. Such a person may be an associate of more than one company.
- The term for the lowest level of attorney in a United States law firm. See Associate (business rank)
- Associate Justice, a member of a judicial panel who is not the Chief Justice.
- Judge's associate: an assistant to a Judge in an Australian Court (akin to a Judge's clerk in an American court).
- Associate's degree, a two-year educational degree.
- Associate company, an accounting and business valuation concept.
- Associate, a mathematical concept in ring theory.
- Associate member
- Associate, a person who has some dealings with another, possibly a friend. Often used for business partners.
- The Associate, a 1996 film starring Whoopi Goldberg.
Related Law Questions