A list of 10,000 Clients of hedge fund schemer Bernie Madoff was recently released, revealing nearly 10,000 different account names, the following pop culture figures among them:
- Steven Spielberg and Jeffrey Katzenberg of DreamWorks along with their Wunderkinder Foundation and their financial adviser Gerald Breslauer.
- Eric Roth, who wrote the screenplay for “Forrest Gump” and “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” lost all of his retirement money.
- Mort Zuckerman, owner of the New York Daily News and U.S. News & World Report, had one of his charities fully invested in a fund that was fully invested in Madoff’s schemes.
- Palm Beach Country Club along with Country Club social networks in Dallas, Chicago, Boston and Minneapolis.
- Kevin Bacon and his actress wife Kyra Sedgwick, who may have lost millions.
- Former Philadelphia Eagles owner Norman Braman.
- Elie Wiesel’s Foundation For Humanity. Lost $37 million.
- Wilpon Family and Saul Katz, owners of the New York Mets .
- The late musical philanthropist Avery Fisher and former television host and 1971 Miss America Phyllis George.
- New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg.
- Actpr John Malkovich.
- Artist and author Alexandra Penney lost bulk of her life savings.
- Arpad Busson, Uma Thurman’s billionaire fiance.
- Hall of Fame pitcher Sandy Koufax.
- Talk show host Larry King.