New York Jets wideout Santonio Holmes, wh0 has a history of legal trouble ranging from domestic violence to marijuana possession and who is currently suspended for the first four games of the regular season, was met by local police upon deplaning from a flight at Pittsburgh International Airport last night, after reportedly creating a disturbance by refusing to comply with the flight crew’s instructions concerning ipod use on board the aircraft.
The talented receiver played a key role in the Pittsburgh Steeler’s 2009 Super Bowl victory, making a spectacular game winning touchdown reception.
It remains to be seen if this incident will result in further suspension from the NFL commissioner….
History of Holmes’ Legal Difficulties
- Holmes has acknowledged selling drugs as a teenager.
- Holmes was arrested in Miami Beach in 2006 for disorderly conduct; Holmes paid a fine.
- Homes was arrested for domestic violence against the mother of his child in 2006; charges were dropped.
- Holmes was arrested in Pittsburgh for possession in 2008 of marijuana.
- In 2010 Holmes was sued by a woman at whom he was alleged to have thrown a glass in an Orlando nightclub.
- Twitter: In reference to one of these incidence, Holmes responded to a critical twitter follower with “kill urself”. He has also referenced marijuana use (”wake n bake”) on his twitter account.
About the flight in question, Holmes tweeted:
Only guy on the plane headed to Pitt from NJ, wearing my green n white. GO JETS!
On Thursday April 29, 2010 at 21:00 hours, aircom requested officers to gate D-77 for a report of an incident aboard the aircraft no other information was available. My self and Officer XXXXXXX arrived and spoke to the flight attendant XXXXXX Colgan Air who stated a passenger wouldn’t turn off his ipod when requested to do so and requested officers speak to him. The passenger was identified as Santanio Bernard HOLMES XXXX. He was advised that all instructions from the flight crew must be adhered to during flights, a TSA regulatory agent was unavailable and determined to be unnecessary for this matter. HOLMES stated that he understood and the matter was resolved. Detail completed without incident at 21:15 hours.