- On anniversary of Michael’s death, Joe Jackson will file wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray.
- Judge orders Lindsay Lohan to appear in court to talk about her involvement in a 2007 car crash — of course, after her probation hearing.
- Mel Gibson files restraining order against his ex-girlfriend.
- Another “he-said, she said:” Newly revealed police reports show Mets pitcher Johan Santana denied rape accusations last October.
- Tony Hawk sues Prime Entertainment for royalties from sales of helmet cam.
- False alarm: paternity test shows Tiger Woods did not father porn star Devon James’ child.
- Mel Gibson and soon-to-be-ex-wife sued by Malibu construction company for not paying the bills.
- Former Giants star Lawrence Taylor indicted for upstate New York rape (indictment).
- Stalker of Law and Order’s Katherine Erbe faces federal charges for inter-state stalking.
- Mexico begins extradition “Survivor” producer accused of murdering wife (Bruce Beresford-Redman).
- Nicole Richie’s probation extended one year for incomplete alcohol education classes.
New York Jets wideout Santonio Holmes, wh0 has a history of legal trouble ranging from domestic violence to marijuana possession and who is currently suspended for the first four games of the regular season, was met by local police upon deplaning from a flight at Pittsburgh International Airport last night, after reportedly creating a disturbance by refusing to comply with the flight crew’s instructions concerning ipod use on board the aircraft.
The talented receiver played a key role in the Pittsburgh Steeler’s 2009 Super Bowl victory, making a spectacular game winning touchdown reception.
It remains to be seen if this incident will result in further suspension from the NFL commissioner….
History of Holmes’ Legal Difficulties
- Holmes has acknowledged selling drugs as a teenager.
- Holmes was arrested in Miami Beach in 2006 for disorderly conduct; Holmes paid a fine.
- Homes was arrested for domestic violence against the mother of his child in 2006; charges were dropped.
- Holmes was arrested in Pittsburgh for possession in 2008 of marijuana.
- In 2010 Holmes was sued by a woman at whom he was alleged to have thrown a glass in an Orlando nightclub.
- Twitter: In reference to one of these incidence, Holmes responded to a critical twitter follower with “kill urself”. He has also referenced marijuana use (”wake n bake”) on his twitter account.
About the flight in question, Holmes tweeted:
Only guy on the plane headed to Pitt from NJ, wearing my green n white. GO JETS!
On Thursday April 29, 2010 at 21:00 hours, aircom requested officers to gate D-77 for a report of an incident aboard the aircraft no other information was available. My self and Officer XXXXXXX arrived and spoke to the flight attendant XXXXXX Colgan Air who stated a passenger wouldn’t turn off his ipod when requested to do so and requested officers speak to him. The passenger was identified as Santanio Bernard HOLMES XXXX. He was advised that all instructions from the flight crew must be adhered to during flights, a TSA regulatory agent was unavailable and determined to be unnecessary for this matter. HOLMES stated that he understood and the matter was resolved. Detail completed without incident at 21:15 hours.
Tiger Woods’ press conference was a bust. Now it’s time for him to bust out his wallet and make things better for his suffering wife, Elin. Nothing helps a humiliated wife like a nice, fat check from a billionaire cheating husband.
This is the perfect time for Elin to negotiate a new prenup with Tiger, while he’s got his tail between his legs. He’s under pressure to save the marriage and she’s got all the leverage. After Tiger’s robotic media mea culpa, it’s obvious he’ll say and do anything to protect his brand… and that means protecting his marriage. How Elin publicly treats Tiger will have a big effect on how the public treats Tiger. He needs her more than she needs him… and she should get him to pay for the privilege of staying married.
Since Elin’s payday doesn’t kick in until the marriage survives 10 years (according to reports about their existing prenup, she isn’t entitled to the millions unless the marriage lasts a decade), I have adapted some steps out of my book, He Had It Coming: How to Outsmart Your Husband and Win Your Divorce, to remove some of the sting from staying in this union:
- Have Tiger tear up the prenuptial agreement.
- Negotiate a new prenup, called a post-nuptial agreement, which is a binding contract entered into while the couple is married.
- Get paid for all the time she already served in the marriage. I call this a “Time Served” Clause. A $15 million a year lump sum payment per year of married life completed would be a good start for the years under her belt—years she had to put up with Tiger.
- Negotiate a “Misstress Clause”: If Tiger cheats, he writes his wife a multi-million dollar check.
Insert a new clause providing a payment to Elin for every year she stays in the marriage going forward. This way, when he gets paid by his sponsors as a result of her forbearance in continuing the marriage, she will participate directly in the benefits Tiger’s business as a sponsored athletes enjoys therefrom.
Whatever reason Elin may choose for staying in the marriage, that’s her prerogative. If she stays for the money at this point, she’s smart, because she has two young children to protect. And besides, no one says it has to be forever. Tiger certainly didn’t behave as if he intended the marriage to last. My advice to Elin is this: Start treating the marriage the same way Tiger did– as a business arrangement.5a43
A cigarette sponsorship would come none to soon. Contrite pot smoking swimmer Michael Phelps was dropped by Kellogg’s Corn Flakes boxes, lost his US Swimming sponsorship, and may be subject to arrest in South Carolina.keep looking »