Home -> Law Blog Directory -> Taxation & Estate Planning Blogs -> Death and Taxes Blog

OR PHONE (866) 635-1838 for Bankruptcy Help, (866) 635-6190 for Divorce,
(866) 635-2689 for Personal Injury or (866) 635-9402 for Criminal Defense

Find a Local Lawyer

Bankruptcy (866) 635-1838
Divorce (866) 635-6190
Personal Injury (866) 635-2689
Criminal Defense (866) 635-9402


Taxation & Estate Planning

: Death and Taxes Blog

Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (UTMA) FAQ

By Joel A. Schoenmeyer

What in the world is an UTMA account? It's an account created for a minor. UTMA stands for "Uniform Transfer to Minors Act." Some states have UGMAs ("Uniform Gifts to Minors Act") instead of UTMAs. The terms UTMA and UGMA are interchangeable. How is an UTMA account established? Typically you set it up with a financial institution. Who are the parties involved? In addition to you (the person making the gift to the UTMA account) there's the beneficiary and the custodian. What does the cus read more

To access this complete feed in the blog feed reader login or register for free.

Full post as published by Death and Taxes Blog on February 01, 2008 (boomark / email).

Bloggers, promote your law blog by nominating your blog for inclusion in's Law Blog Directory and RSS Reader. Benefits described.
Related Searches
Related Law Blog Posts
Search Blog Directory:

Search Blog Directory:

US Law
#1 Online Legal Resource

Your Blog Subscriptions
Subscribe to blogs

10,000+ Law Job Listings
Lawyer . Police . Paralegal . Etc
Earn a law-related degree
Are you the author of this blog? Adding to your Blogroll increases relevance. You qualify to display a USLaw Network badge.
Suggest changes to this blog's description or nominate another for inclusion. Register for updates.

Practice Area
Zip Code:

Contact a Lawyer Now!

0.3075 secs (from cache 12/19/14 13:48:15)