Playworld Systems’ Playground Swing Sets recalled due to fall hazard
Swing can detach from the set, causing the consumer to fall
On May 6, 2008, Playworld Systems Inc. recalled about 17,300 Playground Swing Sets because the clevis bearing can wear, resulting in the detachment of the swing, which poses a fall hazard to consumers.
Playworld playground swing sets included in the recall have the following descriptions and part numbers:
- 8 foot 2-unit Standard Swing: 0248
- 8 foot Standard Duty Swing Add-A-Day: 0230
- 10 foot 2-Unit Standard Swing: 0249
- 10 foot Standard Duty Swing Add-A-Bay: 0231
- 8 foot 2-Unit Heavy Duty Swing: 0270
- 8 ft heavy duty swing add-a-bay: 0232
- 10 ft 2-Unit Heavy Duty Swing: 0233
- 8 ft Single Post Swing Assembly: 0295
- 8 ft Single Post Swing Add-A- Bay: 0296
- 5 in Arch Swing w-8 ft Top Rail: 0287
- 5 in Arch Swing 2-Unit Add-A-Bay: 0370
- 3-1/2 in Arch Swing w-8 ft Top Rail: 0288
- 3-1/2 in Arch Swing Add-A-Bay: 0375
- 2-3/8 in Arch Swing w-7 ft Top Rail: 0120
- 2-3/8 in Arch Swing Add-A-Bay: 0121
- 7 ft Early Childhood T-Swing: 0290
The recalled Playworld Systems Playground Swing Sets were sold to day care centers and children’s learning centers nationwide by authorized dealers from January 2007 through February 2008 for between $770 and $3,100.
Consumers who own a recalled playground swing set should immediately remove the swing from the set until a free repair kit is installed. For more information, customers may contact Playworld Systems at 800-233-8404, or visit the company’s website.
Source: ?Playworld Systems Recalls Swing Sets Due to Fall Hazard Caused by Defective Clevises,? US Consumer Product Safety Commission Release #08-568, May 6, 2008.